Step-by-Step Installing Your New Battery
What's better than hooking up some fresh power to your favorite vehicle? With a new DieHard battery and these simple steps, you can power up everything from your car to your personal watercraft and be ready to ride in no time.
- Set your new DieHard battery in the cleaned battery tray and reinstall the hold-down clamp to lock it in place. Be sure to insert the battery with the positive terminal closest to the red cable and the negative terminal closest to the black cable.
- Attach the red, positive cable to the positive terminal post on the battery and tighten the connection with a wrench.
- Connect the black, negative cable to the negative post on the battery and tighten with a wrench. Overtightening can crack or break off the battery post so be sure not to put too much pressure on the connection.
- Spray both terminals generously with an anticorrosion solution, such as lithium grease, to prevent the exposed metals from corroding.
- Check the DieHard battery connections by testing the radio, lights and other electronic devices to make sure they are working properly. If not, you may need to clean and reattach your battery connections.